Energy & Sustainability Integrated SolutionsAs demonstrated by our science-based targets, corporate commitments and the amount of real estate we manage on behalf of our clients, we play an out sized role in helping to limit the rise in global temperatures. Facilities management is core to sustainability, and with our mix of on-site teams, subject matter experts and supply chain partners, we improve the efficiency and sustainability of building operations.
CBRE's Science Based Targets
- 68% reduction in global operations scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions by 2035 from 2019 levels
- 79% reduction in emissions per square foot in facilities CBRE manages for occupiers by 2035
- 67% reduction in emissions per square foot in facilities CBRE manages for investors by 2035
- 100% renewable electricity by 2035, including transitioning our vehicle fleet to electric vehicles
Our aim is to reduce the total cost of ownership of our clients’ portfolios and their journey to net-zero as a transition program implemented across the integrated facilities management operating model, requiring strong coordination, collaboration and systems working across the value chain within a robust governance structure.
Our methodology brings together talent, capabilities, and experience as a global property occupier, investor and manager to achieve carbon neutrality commitments, improve portfolio resiliency and reduce asset life-cycle costs, while mitigating risk and friction within company operations as these changes are deployed.
Decrease your business risk and total cost of ownership while reducing your carbon emissionsBenefit from a digitally enabled, fully integrated facility management organization and a decarbonization approach that is methodical, transparent and auditable at every stage. By combining on-site teams, consultative subject matter experts and leading edge tools, we deliver data-driven solutions for energy efficiency, carbon neutrality and asset performance.
Benefits of our program
- Decreased asset total cost of ownership (ATCO) and reductions in maintenance, energy, carbon and capital costs by 11-15% over the course of the program.
- Significant reduction in asset downtime and operational risk by boosting asset reliability and condition.
- Levelized, targeted, and prioritized capital spend to maximize investment efficiency.
- Targeted capital planning based on total cost of ownership (maintenance, utility, capital, business risk and carbon emissions) vs. equipment age and condition.
- Immediate upgrade of all high-risk assets using CBRE’s Efficiency as a Service program –at no up-front cost.
- Immediate reduction in emergency repair costs.
- Reduced work order open times, equipment downtime, and energy costs through CBRE’s remote monitoring and diagnostics tool.
- Optimized capital spend through CBRE's global supply chain program, leveraging our scale and buying power with strategic suppliers.
- Equipment-level benchmarking of asset performance demonstrating high costs, opportunities for savings and real estate planning purposes.
- Portfolio decarbonization acceleration and significant impact to ESG targets and commitments.
Shape and achieve your corporate sustainability commitmentsOur sustainability approach translates your commitments into practical workplace solutions that reduce impact, regenerate natural resources and inclusively provide for the future. We offer flexible integration to effectively partner with you at any stage of your path to a sustainable future. We recognize that sustainability is not an off-the-shelf product, and look to identify and mitigate your risk and translate your goals into company-wide strategic solutions and action plans within your core operations. Our methodology addresses emission scopes 1, 2 and 3, as well as water, waste, natural capital, social value, accreditations and compliance, with a mix of dedicated on-site teams and consultative subject matter experts.
Let us accelerate your decarbonization journeyCBRE’s solutions help clients achieve decarbonization and renewable energy goals while optimizing building performance. Now is the time to accelerate environmental leadership and we’re making it easier. Our decarbonization solutions are deployed as single-service turnkey or integrated solutions with CBRE strategic partners, capital and performance commitments, making us uniquely equipped to help clients around the world hit their science-based targets and net-zero commitments.
Buildings account for
Of global energy consumption
Of global water consumption
Of global resource consumption
Of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
Turn risk into opportunity and secure cost savings with energy supply management
- Portfolio energy data collection and review
- Procurement strategy development
- On-going supplier solicitation
- Suppliers proposal review and evaluation
- Customized recommendations and contract support
- Supplier billing and performance oversight
- Portfolio energy data monitoring
- Advanced analytics integrating market trends, usage patterns, supplier performance metrics and more
- Market updates and online reporting
- Annual budget preparation
Renewable energy procurement to support your sustainability strategyOur team can assist real estate leaders in accessing and understanding the voluntary compliance market with respect to energy attribute certificates and high-quality carbon offsets globally through:
Global Manufacturing Client
Assisted in developing and executing their renewable energy supply strategy
Global Technology Client
Secured $2.6M in annual cost savings through actively managing energy supply opportunities
U.S. Healthcare Client
Secured $22.9M in savings since 2014 through contract review, usage pattern evaluation and supplier performance
Electric Vehicle ChargingThe Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging industry is swiftly evolving, accelerated by government-led green initiatives and increased demand and supply of electric vehicles. Our EV Charging practice provides capabilities from planning and site selection, procurement, installation, and management and maintenance of EV charging locations. The global practice provides expertise in EV charging for fleets, automotive companies, retailers, multifamily, corporate occupiers and commercial real estate investors.
Whether you are evaluating your energy footprint in existing real estate or re-imagining the future for your portfolio, our team will integrate the right experts and solutions to address your challenges and help you realize the potential of your real estate.